A traditional paper guide, a PDF/eBook or an app?
Every format has pros and cons, but you’ll surely find one suitable for you
Paper guides have brought us around the world for ages, they made us discovery fantastic places and made us a little more aware of what we were seeing.
Nowadays however we travel lightly, we need to be connected, to have information in real time, we indulge less on the details and got used to do “zapping” also with information.
Digital guides are not necessarily better than paper guides, just like paper guides will not necessarily be replaced by the digital ones. Everyone can choose, but no traveller leaves home without having access to the information needed, we only have to decide which guide is the right one for us.
TYPES OF GUIDES COMPARED
- Bulky, take a lot of space in the suitcase
- No interaction with the reader
- No geolocalization or GPS navigation
- Maps are not interactive, but usually easier to read
- Do not allow online purchases
- Hardly ever free of costs
- Can’t be integrated online
- Can’t be used for digital campaigns
- Expensive production and updating
- High costs for multi language supports
- High costs of distribution
- Have a stronger emotional connection with the reader
- The use is more practical
- It is possible to write on them
- Are collectible
- Need a digital device (eBook, tablet, smartphone)
- Occupy little memory
- Take little space in the suitcase
- You browse through them as a magazine also on your PC
- Allow to look for information included in the guide
- Can be partially interactive
- No need to learn how to use them
- Don’t allow to create itineraries or save a position
- No geolocalization and GPS navigation
- Usually can be printed so you can write on them
- Low costs of production and updating
- Can be sent in the emails and easily downloaded
- Can be used in pre and post selling customer care operations
- Can be used for inexpensive marketing campaigns
- Available for free or low-cost
- Needs a smartphone or tablet
- Takes no space in the suitcase
- Highly interactive
- Functions of geolocalization and GPS navigation
- Interactive maps with different views (street map, satellite map, 3D map)
- Allows online purchases
- Can give real time data (weather, news, offers, etc)
- Allows to look for information included in the guide
- Allows the creation of itineraries and to save the favourite points
- Can have push notification functions
- Can integrate advanced features of augmented reality
- Can have multimedial and voice information
- Can be created in many languages with limited production costs
- The use requires some learning
- Expensive development*
- Expensive updates
- Must be developed for two O.S. (Android and iOS)
- Low distribution costs
*the apps developed through the map2app platform are affordable to create and update.
THE PLATFORM TO CREATE APP FOR IOS, ANDROID AND HTML5 WITHOUT ANY PROGRAMMING KNOWLEDGE
Map2app is a quick and easy tool that will allow you to create mobile applications related to the promotion of the territory or a commercial activity in full autonomy for Iphone, Android and HTML5 devices. Creating an application has never been easier! You don’t need to have any technical expertise, just follow a simple guide and in a few hours you will have a professional tourist application!
No technical expertise is required to build your app. The platform is designed for publishers, not for engineers!
To start creating your application you need only a quality content, a beautiful destination to promote (such as city, a festival, a museum a catalog of recipes,… anything!) and all your imagination!
In a few hours you will be able to create a professional application for IPhone, Android and HTML5 compatible devices.
I NOSTRI PRODOTTI